As much as we all like to believe that what’s on the inside is the only thing that counts, it’s not true. The physical appearance, particularly health and hygiene of an individual, plays an integral role on the way one is perceived.
For those of you who want to insure that they’re in tip-top shape, this recipe is bound to help you. Whether its brittle nails, insomnia, or hair loss, just this single change in your weekly routine will have you looking healthier and fresher than every before.
Read on to find out the amazing secret!
You have two adrenal glands, each located on top of one of your kidneys. These grape-sized endocrine glands help with the secretion of particular hormones.
Steven Hawking is notoriously known for being one of the most knowledgable and credible individuals in science today. As a theoretical physicist, a cosmetologist, a scientific author as well as a professor in Cambridge, the man has proven himself to be someone that should be listened to.
His most recent comments regarding the longevity of humankind on the Earth has turned quite a few heads. Hawking believes that humans have nearly a century left on this planet.
Read on to find out why and how Hawking believes the latter about humankind.
In 1963, Hawking was diagnosed with a motor-neuron disease that reduced his estimated lifespan to a total of two years. He deferred such limitation by becoming a well-known research as well as a professor at Gonville and Caius College in Cambridge.
Do you know that new tattoo look? If you haven’t experienced it yourself, you’ve probably seen in on somebody else. A fresh tattoo looks vibrant, detailed and very high quality, as it should. But what is the likelihood of it staying that way?
Well, that depends on the quality of the ink, color of the ink and the location of the tattoo all play a role on how the tattoo changes over time. A cheaper ink of light color with a placement of an area with a lot of movement, like your fingers, is expected to fade a lot more quickly.
Many tattoo artist have given their two cents on how to keep the fresh tattoo look going, such as avoiding touching it in the days after you first get it and to always wear protection when under the sunlight.
It’s important to follow these procedures. What happens if you don’t. Read on and find out. Forget to follow the healing procedures, and you’re tattoo might look like this.
The power of the vagina. Just a small space of female anatomy has the power to control almost all men. Social norms and sex ed in school have taught us that the female genitalia is a prized possession that should be kept away from the naked eye.
This very ideology has made the vagina a mystery. We’re here to peel back the first layer of secrets concerning this “lady part.” Waxing specialist, Mel, claims that why each individual is unique, there are generally 5 types of vaginas in the world.
1. Ms. Curtains
The women who fall under this category contain a labia minora that is longer than their labia majora. Men usually refer to these medical terms as “beef curtains.”
Mel claims that this is the most common type of vagina that she comes across. Many women are embarrassed about having such an appearance, but little do they know that they make up the “labia” majority of the women population.
Tattoos are a unique form of art. With your body as the canvas and the ink as the pen, this art form takes the mental and emotional makeup of an individual and make its a physical form through permanent marks on the skin.
Some people get tattoos strictly for the looks, and some get those permanent marks because they hold a deeper meaning behind them. Whether it’s a personal, cultural or religious reminder, or a reminder of a particular person, place or certain time, tattoos hold different meanings for different people.
A less popular but still justifiable reason: people get tattoos to cover up past scars. Just how well does this work? Better than you think.
Check out this list of scars so artistically concealed by tattoos and be ready to be blown away by the fantastic talent behind it!
Ever since we were young, we were always told to eat our fruits and vegetables… why? Because they’re “good for us.” The real question is, how are they good for us?
There are many fruits and vegetables that provide physiological benefits through their nutrition. These so called “superfoods” are better than you think. There’s one in particular that can improve blood pressure, your immune system, your liver and even prevent cancer. These aforementioned benefits are only a few of the pros of eating beets.
Yes, beets are the “superfood” that’s being placed on the pedestal. This vegetable has some serious advantages to your health and wellbeing. Incorporating it into your diet will be of your advantage. Read on to find out why.
1. What. So what exactly are beets? They’re a vegetable with taproots that are also edible. With their abundance of color and variety, this vegetable has been used both as food coloring and for medicine related purposes.
Nutrition is key to maintaining the function of your body, and a healthy lifestyle will benefit you in the long run (more than you know).
A good diet consists of everything in moderation. There’s fat, carbohydrates, protein and fibers… all of these should be consumed but in an intermediate level of consumption that would allow your body to maximize the benefits, yet not be overwhelmed with the particular types of nutrients.
If you want to switch up your diet, and switch to that healthy lifestyle, than check out these 10 foods that are the basis of a good diet and nutrition.
1. Green Tea: This beverage is packed with many antioxidants and increase your metabolism, thereby, helping you lose weight.
We talk our native languages everyday. Therefore, majority of the time, we don’t pay much attention to the grammar we use. As part of our second nature, we let our attention slip and don’t allocate any focus on those simple rules that are the basis of our very language.
Do you consider your grammar to be above average? Do you want to see if it actually is? Put your mind to the test with this simple quiz.
Many individuals can’t complete the task without making at least one mistake. You may be one of the few who actually can! Go on, clear your mind and find out if you fall in the 5% category of exceptional individuals.
1. Let’s start with the basics and we’ll build our way up. This first one can be a warm up for the rest. Fill in the blank, “Sorry, but these shoes are ___ expensive”. Is it “too” or “to”?
Every individual is unique, not just physically but in their personality as well. Therefore, every individual has different sleeping habits, particularly a different sleeping position that helps them drift off into lala-land.
The position in which you sleep can influence your physiology including blood pressure and sinus health.
You can maximize your health through the positions in which you sleep in. Read on and find out which positions of sleep will best improve your health.
1. Heartburn – Drifting off into sleep can be quite a challenge, especially if you’re suffering from heartburn in the meanwhile. Sleep in the wrong position and you can risk having acid slipping into your esophagus, which will interrupt your digestion and induce insomnia.
Human bodies function in the same way, yet individuals very in their bodies specifics. While it may seem contradictory, the latter is true. While all of us are subject to the same gene pool and developmental process of the human species, each of us are shaped by our environment.
Your everyday activities and lifestyles have an effect on your body, as it reacts to the stimuli around it. Therefore, your body really is a representation of you – what you consume and surround yourself with.
Here are some things the nature of your body can tell you about yourself.
1. What impact does alcohol have on your body?
2. 1 minute of drinking and the alcohol is in your bloodstream. 5 minutes of drinking and the alcohol has made its way to your brain, meaning it can interfere with your coordination.
3. When 30 minutes pass, you’ll feel the relaxation over come you. Just 15 minutes later when you hit the 45 minute mark, your liver is already working hard in processing the alcohol. When you hit the one hour mark, the kidneys sent the waste to your bladder.
4. It’s no secret that alcohol dehydrates you. But when does the dehydrating start to occur? Merely an hour into the drinking process.
5. The body secretes different odors, and each type of odor indicates different physiological conditions. Let’s start by discussing sweat. If your sweat smells like acetone, there is chance you are having blood sugar level issues. On the other hand, if it smells like ammonia, it could be linked to kidney and liver problems.
Most people refer to their kids as “the light of their life” and with good reason. Other than the fact that your baby is another life derived from your genetics, these little people are possibly the cutest little rays of sunshine you’ll ever lay your eyes on. With those chubby cheeks, adorable smile and glowing eyes, how could you not bust out grinning?
Let’s test it out. Scroll through these pictures of the most hilariously adorable babies. Just one look and their innocence is bound to make your day brighter.
1. Some babies hate baths, but here’s one that really is soaking up the water. That smirk gives it all away.
What’s worse than doing something wrong? Doing something wrong for a significant period of time only to find out about the efficiency you missed out on way later.
We’re here to make your life just a little bit easier. Many of the items you come across every day have built-in functions that many of us are yet to know.
Here are 26 objects and items that you’ve probably been using incorrectly throughout your life (like the most of us). In this case, ignorance is not necessarily bliss. Read on and discover these little tricks that are bound to make your everyday life just a tad less stressful.
1. Bottles: Ever bought a plate of french fries only to struggle with getting a sufficient amount of ketchup out of the glass? There’s actually a sweet spot on the bottle, the ‘57’ symbol, that will get that ketchup out much more easily than tapping on the bottom of the bottle.
2. Snack: Getting stuck with a snack without a spoon can be one of the most disappointing feelings. Did you know that you can actually improvise a spoon our of the foil wrapper?
3. Spaghetti: Are you one of those people that just improvise the amount of pasta they put in their pot and end up with too much or too little? Well, worry no more. You’re spaghetti scoop can also function as a measurement tool. The little hold in the middle with big enough to fit enough pasta for one serving.
4. Spoons: If you though that the hole in the handle of your pot was there for decoration, you are wrong. These slots are actually made for the purpose of holding your mixing spoon and prevent making a mess out of drips and spills.