Growing up is a part of life. The physical and mental maturation, better known is puberty, is something that everyone goes through. However, not everyone goes through such an awkward stage of life with cameras and spotlights. Child actors and actresses, while reveling in early success, have the misfortune of growing up with all eyes on them at all times.
While the pressure can get overwhelming, it’s amazing to see how some of these youngsters have grown into fine young men and women, even with the everyday critique of media and press. One day were watching them in a Disney show and before you know it, they’re making movies with top notch producers. The years fly by and some of these child stars change so much that they’re barely recognizable. Which on of these 20 actors and actresses surprised you the most?
1. Alexa Vega: I remember her little spy-kid self running around and kicking butt with her brother. She’s come a long way, now married and expecting her first child. Ahh, they grow up so fast.
2. Jake Lloyd: A child star who played Anakin Skywalker and the future Darth Vader in Star Wars Episode 1-The Phantom Menace. His career fell short, with a 2001 retirement because of the stress of bullying and the hectic lifestyle. Unfortunately, Lloyd has since been diagnosed with schizophrenia and lives in a psychiatric facility.
3. Mara Wilson: Mara established her position as an actress through her roles as Natalie in Mrs. Doubtfire, Susan in Miracle on 34th Street, and her famous starring role in Matilda. However, she decided to take a step back from the spotlight to pursue a career in writing and professional speaking. She has, since then, written two novels and made appearances in many internet videos.
4. Madison Pettis: We all know this curly haired cutie from her adorable role in The Game Plan, but she actually started her acting career on Barney and continued to star in Disney’s Cory in the House. Her most recent roles involve her character as Daria in The Fosters, or Janelle in The Lab Rats.
5. Abigail Breslin: Remember Olive from Little Miss Sunshine! Oh, has she grown up since her first actress role in Signs as Bo Hess. She’s starred in a series of great films, including My Sister’s Keeper, Zombieland and Nim’s Island.