There’s two very cliche sayings: Life is about making the most of what you have and enjoy the little things in life. How many times have you heard someone say either of the two and never really thought about the meaning behind it? Well, believe it or not, what they’re saying has some truth to it.
By enjoying the little things in life and making the most out of what you have, you’ll instantly have a better day. You’re probably wondering how exactly you can go about applying either of these sayings into your everyday life. Well, we’re here to help you out.
Whether you’re at school, work or at home, here’s a list of 28 little things in life that often go unnoticed… 28 little facts and quirks that you probably haven’t noticed yet. Make the most of these everyday objects, and help make your day a little more convenient!
1. Did you know that every single Tic-Tac box comes with a little crater that allows you to conveniently dispose one Tic-Tac at a time?
2. That little dip you find at the bottom of a wine bottle is not just there for decoration. It was discovered that a flat bottom often caused wines to tip over. This little indentation, called the punt, is there to help make your wine nights a little less messier.
3. There have many cases where people drive off with the gas tank attached to their car. I guess it’s happened enough times that gas stations are now taking safety precautions and placing brackets on top of the nozzle that snap off when pulled on harshly. Just this little change can save you a lot of damage control on those days that you’re forgetful.
4. How many times have you bought a drink from a fast food restaurant? Did you know that almost every one of those drinks you purchased has a plastic lid that can served as a coaster too?
5. Next time you’re cooking some soup in a hot pot and don’t know where to temporarily place the wooden spoon, think again! Those holes in the handle of the pot are particularly there to hold your spoon.
6. Have you ever realized that on every keyboard, the letters “F” and “J” have two little lines on the button of their button? Those are there as a guide to more easily position your hands as you type!
7. Do you resort to chewing on pens when you get nervous in class or work? Well, apparently you’re not alone. While many people believe that the holes on the top of the pen caps are made to make the pen dry out faster, they’re actually there to provide an airway just in case the cap is swallowed. It is reported that around 10,000 people choke on a pen every year, so many that they actually redesigned the pen to accommodate the accident.
8. Though the tab on top of every soda can was just to open the drink? Think again… Every single tab is designed with a hole to hold your straw in place.