Most of us use our everyday household items without paying much attention to the appearance and design. Little did we know that even the smallest details of these items serve significant purposes that can make our lives much more convenient. Read on to find out the quirks and tricks, and apply them to your life!
1. Next time you’re applied make up, do yourself a favor and check for an expiration sign. The consequences of using when expired include rashes, skin infections and breakouts. None of the latter sound like a fun time, so be cautious beforehand.
2. If you have one of the newer versions of the iPhone, pick it up… it’s time to inspect. You know that small black hole between the lens and the flash of the camera? That’s actually a microphone and it helps improve the quality of your video audios and FaceTime.
3. Have you ever noticed the metal plate on your stapler? You can actually rotate this metal plate. This helps to pin the staple, temporarily fastening the staples together. Now, you won’t even need to use a staple remover.
4. For those of you who are familiar with an X-Acto knife, you’re probably aware that you can snap off the blade when it starts getting dull, and move onto a sharper layer. The cover of the knife is actually designed to ensure that the blade can snap in a safe manner. Placing the dull blade in the groove of the core helps snap it safely.
5. Ever tried to rip a piece of aluminum foil or plastic wrap, only to have the whole roll fall out. Next time you’re in this predicament, look at the sides of the box. There’s little tabs that you can pop into both sides and help stabilize the roll in the box.